Follow every each steps below to perform this exercise correctly:
- Lie on to the bench, place the feet flat on the floor
- Keep your buttocks in contact with the bench
- Take an overhand grip on the barbell with your hands more than shoulder-width apart
- Inhale and slowly lower bar barbell unless it reaches your chest, your thumbs and pointer fingers (palms should be facing the ceiling)
- Press the barbell back to the starting position, exhaling as you complete the movement
Focus on the stretch on the way down (eccentric contraction), squeeze your pecs on the way up. 5 – 6 reps for strength, 8 -10 reps for size, 12 – 15 to get lean. Perform the movement in full range of motion, remember quality over quantity, if the form go south, that means you are done. There are more variation to bench press, they will be introduced very soon.
Should you have any question, feel free to leave us a message below, we will reply shortly.